View Single Post
Old 2008-09-03, 01:04   Link #2047
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
From experience, politics aside, I think that there are as many people who won't vote for a woman as there are people who vote because there's a woman. I overheard many around me, no one I know, but in the park, in the bus stops, etc..., that they would never vote for women because they don't know what they're doing. This is coming from women, no less. I don't really think that Palin as a woman will be a big factor. It will play some, of course, but I think that everything that McCain did until now roughly balances out in terms of gathering more voters.

For the RNC, they pressed on the one point that swayed me to McCain in the first place. I will vote for foreign policy first before national reforms, because personally, cheaper gas doesn't mean anything if we get terrorist attacks every other week. Even though I consider our family lower middle class, we do have health insurance, a house, and jobs, so obviously I don't speak for most of the middle class.

The problem is Biden is pretty experienced in foreign policy and politics overall himself; the "Country First" argument is weakened. Even though I don't have the slightest idea what a Vice President does, what will Biden do, ignore Obama? At least he will give Obama some crucial advice regarding to foreign policy, so the Obama/Biden ticket in my opinion strengthens. What the RNC said was that they will put country first, but they never said how, and that's really the last major point that I need to hear before finalizing my decision. The way in which McCain addresses this point will make all the difference in the U.S., or even the world.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote