View Single Post
Old 2011-05-31, 09:16   Link #77
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was also speaking partly from personal experience. I've been put in the friendzone for the nth time in my life once again last March so I can fully relate to him. Being friendzoned sucks donkey balls, and getting it out of it is so much more difficult than most people think. I think the problem becomes that his approach becomes diluted and Ohana will end up thinking that he's trying to be a bro than a boyfriend.

I'm not of course suggesting that he's screwed and stuck in the zone forever. The poor bastard's now in a situation where he's probably going to have to work twice as hard than before. Not only because Ohana's too undecided to make sense of it all much less understand his intentions, but Mr. Good Boy (in Enzo's words) is going up against what people would see as Mr. Cool. He's got a war to fight like David and Goliath in some extent, and I'm not saying that solely in the light of fandom shipping. He's the underdog here, and he has big fight ahead of him. Sulking all depressed in that stock room at the end certainly doesn't help.