View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 15:16   Link #3715
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I merely stated that Lowe's scene won't make it worse, right?
It might if it just introduces another plot hole.
Quote:
Also, I think most people prefer to be "shown and not told" since plot hole in a story is basically asking "how", right? Thus, Lowe's scene will at least work in showing "how" Kira survived and certainly won't make it worse than what we actually have in SEED. The focus here is "how" Kira survived and not Lowe's identity since his function here is only as a "passerby" and Marchio is the one that treated Kira. If you need (a shred of) Lowe's identity, it can always be provided by Marchio telling Kira (after he wakes up in Lacus' place). We don't even need to know that he's from Junk Guild and piloted Astray Red in the story.
Actually, as mentioned in the manga, Kira survived because the cockpit was resealed. Lowe, only got there afterwards to take Kira to Malchio's orphanage.

So two things:

1. Without Lowe being there, Kira would still be rescued by Orb.
2. With Lowe being there, but not animated, the viewers could've guessed that Kira walked by himself before collapsing in front of the orphanage.

So, as I said, the only thing needed is to show that the cockpit was resealed. Lowe doesn't have to show up. How Kira got to Lacus was already explained in the anime, and Lowe doesn't have anything to do with that either.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote