View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 13:34   Link #181
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Actually, the curse started well before Kouichi met or even talked to Mei. Remember that he first met Mei in the elevator hospital either the night of the day he met the student council/countermeasure students (April 26th), but Mei's twin died the day before; so technically the curse started well before their chance encounter. Thus, the countermeasure failed, perhaps even before it started.
I'm fully aware of that. However, Izumi doesn't know that, as Mei never revealed the true identity of her sister. All Izumi knows is that it's Mei's cousin who died, and should therefor be unrelated to the curse, when she probably was. Because of that, it's likely that she thinks it started when Kouichi first started talking to Mei after the countermeasure was in effect.

Quote:
Thinking back to Izumi's dream of meeting with Kouichi, one thing I find odd is that if they met back in 1993 (...the year her brother died, correct me of the year if I'm wong), then why do they look the same as they do now? I'd imagine they would look much younger, no?
They met in 1996, not 1993, 18 months prior to when Kouichi came back to Yomiyama. The series takes place in 1998.