View Single Post
Old 2021-10-04, 18:41   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So this is basically Code Geass, except set in the future of our world rather than in an alternate reality. The anime brought up problems Japan will have to face in the near future, like its aging population and low birth rate. Yes, that would explain why they'd need outside "help", but I have no clue why various countries would ever fight over Japan's territory. It's not like it's home to very valuable resources like, say, Congo. If anything, I'd think most countries would try to avoid getting dragged into this mess. The UN has in fact been doing a pretty good job leaving countries in their own shit, leading to many tragedies. But looking at the summary, there's actually a not so cold war between four blocs? I guess Japan would hold some strategical value. Not clue how much, though.

And I wish anime dealing with racism at least tried to make the asian characters look distinct from the caucasians.

Anyway, it's not all that often we get a 2D mecha anime so I won't be too picky. Still, the protagonist having an entire abandoned factory to himself that actually looked brand new and was fully fictional was some bullshit. I can forgive him finding a cutting edge AI in the middle of the woods because the plot has to start somewhere, but come on. I hope it'll be explained the factory belonged to his family, which was apparently pretty loaded.