View Single Post
Old 2004-10-01, 00:59   Link #2305
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
Dude. I'll have your computer then. You want mine?

733MHz Pentium 3
256MB PC133 RAM
40GB EIDE hard drive, 2MB buffer..
7GB EIDE hard drive, 2MB buffer..

The video card is probably the only mediocre thing I have. PCI GeForce4 MX440, 64MB DDR.... The original video card is an integrated (yes, blast it, I hear you here, however) i810 class graphics controller.. :P

My other computer...
166MHz Pentium MMX
49MB PC133 RAM
10GB EIDE hard drive (that has a pin smashed in.. my bad )

I'm not even going to bother about that video card...

So.. yo, send me a PM and we can work out a trade... lol, joking. But really. To me, your computer looks amazing. At least, it does to me.

So, cheer up a bit. Compared to some people, you got a great computer.
Lol. I guess I never meant it in that aspect. The stats look great on paper, but actual intensive performance. I'm running a 15.4" widescreen which complicates everything from backgrounds to any type of gaming. The notebook overheats like a mother, and average battery life is little over an hour (I'm even afraid to take the thing into my dorm's common room since there are no free power outlets there). It performs quite nicely when photoshopping, browsing, word processing, etc., but anything requiring graphics acceleration instantly spells death. Running a game inside Steam or WC3 results in foggy graphics, slowdown, and wierd black spaces on the sides. Switching windows from within the program means a 5 minute wait. My old desktop at 1.0Ghz performed much better in that aspect. I'm not necessarily just bitching about it though. I just wish I'd bought a desktop with comprable stats, since I never move the laptop. All the same, I love the way it looks, and I spend waaay too much time fiddling around with it, despite my complaining Oh. And the widescreen mode is godlike in watching widescreen movies (and anime!) XD . It's really a fun little thing.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote