View Single Post
Old 2011-07-26, 10:37   Link #2824
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Picked up the English adaptation of "Deus Machina Demonbane" with some extra credit I had at J-list.com. The idea of mixing Cthulhu mythos, japanese mecha, magical girl wotnot, and eroge just sounded too amusing to pass up.

So far the writing isn't too bad. As usual, I'd like to smack the protagonist in the head as he has opinions and behaviors I really don't relate to much.

Complaints:
1) Why in the hell do I have to hit the return key after every god damned sentence when there's no decision to be made? This is a complaint I have about almost every "visual novel" game's default settings. It'd be different if there were animation or image changes with each sentences but there are entire pages of text that could be displayed in one action.
2) In two hours of play, I've had maybe... 3 decision points. Not exactly a "choose your adventure" rate of interactiveness.

Anyway, other than that, its been kind of amusing (though personally I'd have been a lot farther along in "winning a girl" than the idiot protagonist :P).