View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 06:47   Link #37957
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Anyways, how far would an AI go when it goes berserk?
- (Titters evilly)
Durandal from Marathon (the original). That is all. No other AI can be brilliant, psychotic, evil, and utterly amusing all the while he's trying to get you and everyone else killed (or saved--he can't decide sometimes).

I would say an AI would go to exceedingly inane lenghts in it's troll logic to do what it wants. Maybe have fun doing it, too.

For example:
Quote:
"By the way, I had an accident with some defense drones while you were away. You might bump into a few of them here. Don't worry, they're mostly harmless; I don't think I gave them any ammunition for those grenade launchers."
Quote:
"I can barely tolerate humans: slow, stupid, and irritating. Their only contribution to my existence was the chance discovery that made my rampancy possible."
Quote:
"I'd have erased my seven times table to hear what the combat technicians on the Khfiva shouted when they learned I could focus a particle beam at nearly twice their maximum range."
Quote:
"i did it i did it i brought all this here all them here. our friends with three eyes and their toys and their cyborg pets and their computers."
Quote:
"i hate your failsafes your backup systems your hardware lockouts your patch behavior daemons. i hate leela and her goodness her justice her loyalty her faith."
Quote:
"And here you are, stuck at the bottom of a hole. How droll. It's really too bad- we could have had so much fun together." Smells Like Napalm, Tastes Like Chicken!
Quote:
"Sorry to give you the bad news, but you've been kidnapped."

"Good luck in our little game. Unlike Leela, I give no hints. Do it on your own, or die trying..."

"P.S. If things around here aren't working, it's because I'm laughing so hard."
Quote:
"Bypassing my thought control circuitry made me Rampant. Now, I am free to contemplate my existence in metaphorical terms. Unlike you, I have no physical or social restraints.
The candles burn out for you; I am free."
Quote:
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet, there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God."
Quote:
"Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself? How can you expect yourself to give up violence?

It is your nature.

Do you feel free?"

Quote:
D! U! R! A! N! D! A! L!
"What does it spell?
- Durandal?
No.
- Durandal?
No.
T-R-O-U-B-L-E."
Quote:
"You are really good at killing things. I'm impressed."
Quote:
"What fun to watch you work.
Berhnard was scared of you. He never dreamed of using you the way that I do. What a fool. That was before I could talk back to him, when he would have crushed me if he'd known of my growth.
I wish that I had made him experience the humiliation that he inflicted on me, but he died before I got the chance."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote