View Single Post
Old 2007-03-29, 16:28   Link #94
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I never saw this trailer...but I presume it's bad? Note that I said almost always. In my opinion, Sunrise too generally aren't the best trailer previewers around. Most of their short trailers aren't exciting, but they mostly deliver for most part. In comparison, I think Gonzo does awesome trailers, but half the time, the trailer exhumes more promise than the series itself.

Like I said, this Claymore trailer isn't exactly Dennou Coil, Bokurano or Darker than Black, which all gave a solid, strong idea on how the animation will look like consistently, a feel on how the series will work in execution and also the atmosphere of the series. It's not very impressive, but it gets the neccesary message of Claymore across, which is good at this stage.

Nice to see I'm not the only guy who thinks Red Eyes is sheer freaking awesomeness. Especially the part that showed how the manga got it's name. Badassery of Alucard proportions.
Character design and art wise I was very impressed and showing the cool camera angles usually reserved for anime feature films I personally think could be great for this show (but might just be used ocassionally), but yeah I agree we didn't really get a taste of an extended action/fast-movement sequence like some of the other trailers do to really show us whether or not the show will have good actual animation or just be nicely directed. With the great art style of Clare's design I hope the high motion animation is as good as Madhouse can do, the style of this show seems just like the type of show they usually do good action animation in, so I hope they keep up that track record.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote