View Single Post
Old 2003-11-19, 03:08   Link #15
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method
There is so much wrong with your post Sukato.
This is agreeing? heh, its ok though.. I'll try to find actual cases and not just personal references to aid the anime community. Also remember that news tends to be highly biased (especially on the internet)..only actual case opinions can give you the unbiased decision. There was also that thing with Napster being sued successfully, but that was a company.. I'm pretty sure individual people were still safe during the Napster ordeal (besides the owners of Napster I guess). KaZaa seems immune to that because of where it's located I think..but I dont want to research that right now.

The Ninth Circuit court is kinda strange though, they do all sorts of wacky and very liberal stuff. Such things as declaring the pledge of allegiance unconstitutional, and declaring doctor assisted suicide constitutional. However, they also reverse their decisions a lot..so you never really know with those guys .

Edit: Oh also wanted to add in that whole Internet Privacy Act put in by former president Bill Clinton. I dont know much about this one though but I'm sure that somehow adds to the protection.