View Single Post
Old 2003-11-26, 20:37   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Sigh. This thread has deteriorated into a near flame war.

What you say is absolutely right. If I don't like it, I can find another avenue. But I wasn't complaining. Read my first post. I was puzzled by the practice, and wanted to know why. I was also unprepared for starduck's comment: "You're just sounding like an ass, writing random comments."

Calling each other an ass... complaining about complaints... everyone assumes everyone else is being vindictive. Well, now I know better. It's an extremely touchy issue and everyone's defensive and upset. Fans should never ask questions. Fansubs are free, so take them or leave them but don't give feedback because no one wants to know. I'm wiser today, thanks to the eye-opening responses here. I now know better than to attempt to understand the motivation behind another person's action. >_<

Someone should lock or delete this thread. (Or am I being antagonistic and presumptuous again?) I truly regret even asking.
You're right that it's time to lock the thread. There was nothing wrong with the initial question or attempts to provide feedback on this (or other issues). The problem is that not everyone is capable of dealing with criticism. Unfortunately that leaves us with KingRanger's solution. Simply ignore a group after they refuse to listen to your criticism. It's not as though ANBU is actually the only group to be subbing anything. If they actually had any unique projects, then it would be a much bigger problem to simply ignore them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.