View Single Post
Old 2010-09-11, 05:44   Link #1085
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The pacing broke my neck, figuratively.

Also, it also opens some thoughts in me.

Why did Lizst stop the resolution? It could have ended there, but he decides that the denouement "isn't needed". With all the strength of those favors he could eliminate the only threat in Otogibana. Maybe he doesn't want the conflict to stop?

The Otogi Bank can hold a darker side to it. And I think with a second season, things would turn more serious than it sounds.

So much for the "utopia" that is Otogibana-shi.
The beginning of one episode had already highlighted the fact that Onigashima exists for the sole reason of making Otogi Academy look good, or something to that extent. Otogibana City is indeed a false paradise that gives it's young generation the illusion of freedom. While I do feel Liszt has no intention of outright crushing Onigashima because of it's necessity, his threat to take down Hitsujikai is definitely true. He probably has other things planned to make sure he won't ever cause Onigashima to step beyond the limits of delinquency they're allowed/expected to carry out, as opposed to simply trashing the bastard (though many of us would like to see that).

Such a shame it would be if Ookami-san does not get a second season to delve more into the darker aspects of Otogibana's system. This quite reminds me of Gakuen Alice, which despite it's overall kiddie-ness, also featured a darker side of it's story via the academy's ulterior faction and those who oppose it but in the end never really explored more of that side (in the anime, at least).
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote