View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 19:37   Link #19
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was hilariously bad

The fight started out pretty well, with some nice animation and choreography and then... Ichika happened. The naked Newtype scene was totally random and completely uncalled for. It made me laugh so hard I was unable to take the rest of the episode seriously. Ichika acted like a retard and made a mistake at a critical moment (if he had just attacked and destroyed the robot, everyone, including the guys on that motherfucking boat would have been perfectly safe), and yet he's the one who lectured Houki. What the hell? Sure, she was a little drunk with power and therefore acted arrogantly, however, she still followed orders to the letter and did her job - flawlessly, might I add.

Since I thought Ichika was the one at fault here, Houki going all emo over her non-existent blunder obviously only irked me. And what's this? Rin playing a relevant role!? This is a miracle! +1 point for that.
Yeah that was certainly the silliest thing I've seen out of this show yet. Rampaging IS, but let's get naked and talk ethics. The cheese was so thick you could make a sandwich with it.

Speaking of the Silverio Gospel, it doesn't make for much of an antagonist. For a berserk weapon of mass destruction, it has destroyed all of... nothing. No thanks to our heroes of course. It gets to the point that I question Ichika being worried about the ship at all. The Silverio is such a benevolent mad robot that it would probably have left them alone altogether. It certainly couldn't have done any harm if they'd...you know...destroyed it when they had the chance instead of spending half a minute worrying and another half conversing. Either the people in charge here are hopelessly incompetent or terribly unlucky that the only answer they have to this issue are angsty brats.

Even Dragon Crisis' penultimate episode melodrama made more sense than this.

P.S. An explosion to the face with no shield energy hurts him so little that he can get by with a drip and no medical attention. Lol, yeah. Way to rob all tension that could possibly exist.