View Single Post
Old 2007-10-11, 02:29   Link #275
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've always been amused by the number of times high-school girls in anime go off after school to eat cake. It almost always looks like a high-end bakery, too. What about you college girls? Do you visit the bakery after classes, or are visits to bakery cafes only something girls do when their parents are around the pick up the tab?
Eriko and friends were shocked when I told them that at home we only eat cake on special occasions, usually only on birthdays. I've had cake a number of times already since arriving... and yes, I hit the supremo bakery nearly everyday. All the girls around here seem to like going on the weekends and when their afternoons are free.

There are also a good amount of restaurants here where you can buy a set - lunch, drink, and a dessert of any slice of cake you see in the window.

I love how Japanesey cakes aren't too sweet. There are also fruity cakes, which are delish!

The reason why I was so touched that Eriko brought me cake even though eating it here is so common was because she'd gone about 40 minutes out of her way late at night just to deliver a surprise custard-filled slice of cake and custard pudding to me. (I gave her a Mister Donut keychain I won from playing gachapon as a thank you. )
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote