View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 06:06   Link #157
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
I would go as far as to say that the only reason why their is a war is because of the corrupt officials.

We have seen the mobile suit factory plants in a Fed. colony
We have seen Vagan able to infiltrate and integrate in colony without any trouble
We have seen Vagan mobile suits smuggled in colony without any trouble

The first one alone allows Vagan to keep their war going, the second one allows them to gather information and if necessary destroy the colony or building.

Also during the last major battle you saw how the the top of Vagan knew about a secret weapon Flit was using, if they didn't know the existence then they wouldn't have dodged the attack which would have destroyed allot of their ships and mobile suits.

And personally I'm also wondering in what ways the corrupt politicians and military leaders prevented the advancement in mobile suit development. It isn't hard to imagine that by removing low profile but important people that the MS development of the Fed
What I think is that they escalated the conflict between the Feddies and the Vagans. By trading with the Vagans, they allowed the Vagans access to Earth's resources and made it more economical for them to fight a full-scale war in the Earth sphere. They also leaked crucial info to the Vagans on the Feddies' battle capabilities, allowing the Vagans to draw up reliable contingency measures during their skirmishes with the Feddies.

But I won't go as far as saying that the corrupt faction alone was sufficient to cause a war between the Feddies and the Vagans. The basis for war between the two warring parties was already established way before the corrupt faction gained prominence. They merely created some aggravating conditions for the war. I'm sure Ezelcant would have found some other ways to fight a sustainable war with the Feddies, even if it would take a longer time to implement and put into fruition.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote