View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 16:42   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man the animation production for this show is just ass (seriously one of the worst looking mecha series I've ever seen) but otherwise this was an okayish episode. Yet again though the scenes with Yui and Yuuya felt like the only real standouts with them talking about the dangers of the new weapon and continuing to see more eye to eye.

The scene with Cryska and Inia was just weird though. Aside from the Russians just magically having pipes out of nowhere and some other continuity flubs from scene to scene and just acting like complete dicks (kind of out of character for what I know of Russian values where they're usually very big on teamwork and comraderie regardless of creed or place in society) with trying to rape Inia, we have Cryska suddenly becoming completely impotent and needing the big strong American hero Yuuya to save the day. This wouldn't be a problem to me if Cryska hadn't already been established as someone capable of holding her own earlier on and how she usually snaps to attention whenever Inia is threatened. Here though who knows? At least Yuuya questions why she was so incapable in this situation, which has me hoping we'll get an explanation cause unlike Yui I actually do feel that Cryska feels like a totally different character in the last couple episodes.

Other than that not much really happened. I've pretty much lost all hope of the show ever gaining anything resembling consistent animation, art, storyboarding and direction though. This will almost certainly be the last time I ever watch a show by Satelight for this reason as they are just becoming beyond brutal in this area and consistently show from show to show. Unnacceptable for a mecha show in the year 2012, and I can only imagine what Muv-Luv fans are saying over in Japan.