View Single Post
Old 2006-08-18, 10:04   Link #21
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Ah, Thank you wrex, that helps me alot. 感謝するぞ。

Im not a big fan of Marimite, Maburaho, or Ginban, so I can probably safely rule those out of consideration no matter how popular or good they are.

Suzumiya was great as an anime, but Im not so sure I'd like the book series.

"Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu" I have not heard of. This is going straight on my research list.

"Arianrod Replay Rurge" was a worrysome title, can I like a series with the word "replay" in its title? I have no idea what its about. Same goes for "Shin Fortune Quest", Im finding it heard to look into a series with a name like that unless someone recommends it. (Sushi-san, help me out here)

"Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo " sounds like Kagekara mamoru. I loved the anime series for its cuteness, but I know I wont be able to stand the book for two reasons: Mamo-kun is not someone i can identify with like a can with Saito. (at least the anime gives me the impression that he panics in romantic situations)

That of course leaves "Shakugan no shana". Im vacillating on that series, not knowing whether or not I should invest my time in starting it up... The storyline from the anime series didnt really capture my imagination so I have been avoiding it.

As a side note, I have a light novel called "とある魔術の禁書目録 " sitting on my bookshelf. I bought it sight-unseen based on popularity. (yeah, stupid of me perhaps). After I finish volum 8 of Zero, I'll give it a read, and report my thoughts if anyone cares to hear it

In any case, I know I'm going to need more raito noberu, because this stuff is addicting.
Here is more info on Arionrod (アリアンロッド・リプレイ(2)): Here is an Amazon link. It looks game related.

And "Mamoru-kun" may not be "Kage kara.." Here is the Japanese: 護くんに女神の祝福を! And this is the official website for it and here is an Amazon link.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote