View Single Post
Old 2011-02-20, 16:39   Link #192
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I know I was the one who said this should be in another thread , but just as a last response, Mikoto is the female character with the most screentime (both in anime and novels) after Index, appearing even when she doesn't have direct involvement in the arc. (like Index has in the past science arcs) I have more evidence for this, but unfortunately it's all novel material not covered in the anime yet, so.........

On the second paragraph, there isn't much I can say since my evidence is mainly from the hasn't-aired-yet novel material again, but as I said in my previous post the reason she doesn't get more involved in the magic side is because of poorly forced reasons from the author. (which JC Staff has to concede to in order to stay true to the novels) Mikoto may not know about the magic side, but she knows Touma is off fighting bad guys. For example, the fight with Sherry Cromwell; Touma is clearly set to fight her, but where's Mikoto? Teleported away by Kuroko, and isn't giving any serious second thought to Touma's predicament. Then, she totally misses Index being attacked by the golem........because Index's cat ran away at just the perfectly wrong (or perfectly right, for the purpose of forcing Mikoto away from the magic side) time. Ugh.
Admittedly these are some of the least poorly-derived excuses for Mikoto's absence in the fight (not by too much though), but it was still very forced; why didn't Touma have Kuroko teleport Hyouka and Index, the two people least capable of defending themselves, first? Mikoto is the third most powerful Level 5 Esper in Academy City; (at the time, they all thought that) Index and Hyouka were in the most danger. Why in the world would you get Mikoto out first and leave Hyouka in such a dangerous place? Yes, Hyouka was important for that arc, but I doubt Touma and the others care about things like that. It's forced reasoning. And I don't need to point out how Sphinx running away was so perfectly timed to get Mikoto away from Index before the Golem attacked.
I don't know why the author is so dead-set on keeping Mikoto out of the magic side plot, but at the very least he could make it happen more sensibly than using such forced reasoning.

Wow, that went on a lot longer than I had originally intended. Now I'm done.
Ugh if we had mikoto ending everything it would really get annoying making a typical undefeatable tag team of touma and mikoto. To me shes a main character but she needs to stay on the science side. Making her come to the rescue every time a magician comes will just be too easy. Besides she might be killed though considering who the antagonists are.

Lets leave it like this.Leave the science on the science side and the magic on the magic side unless ur touma,index(whos barely apart of both),motaharu,and am i missing anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow, this main character crap again ?

Let me put this simply, ask any average Joe watcher to name the main characters of this show, I assure you without hesitation the three names they would pull out of their hats would be Touma Index Mikoto.

Go to any website, official or not, and they would also label those three characters as the main characters.

I'm certain you people had to think up all kinds of specific reason not to include Mikoto as a main character... Don't.

It just looks silly.
and soon accelerator
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote