Thread: Aion Online
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 12:18   Link #254
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
huh, that might be why I crash when i go into the main city, everything is on max

but anyways scaling your char to be tiny just for a small advantage(lolfunny) IS a douchey move
I don't quite understand that logic.

We are talking about factions at war here, not a gentlemanly bout of jousting. Just like the Geneva Convention in real life, it all sounds peachy and humanitarian on paper, but once the crap starts oscillating around, f*** the niceties.

It is kill, or be killed.

You can't even argue that it is not fair, because the option is open to both sides, to any player at character creation. It basically becomes a matter of roleplay versus powerplay.

That mutant gnome on the other side? He/she's not going to care about your opinions on his size-impairment. It's PvP, and he/she has every right to squeeze out all the advantages that they can get, in order to earn their ranks and stuff.

I'm not even a fan of PvP, being more of a PvE-er, but in any game where I have to kill the opposing faction players? I'll use every single dirty trick in the book if I have to. PvP is about winning, not a RP-contest.

Expect no quarter from the enemy, and give them none as well.

If you want war with heavily enforced rules, there's sports.

Cheers.