Thread: Licensed Shinigami no Ballad
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-08, 08:51   Link #98
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I have to agree. First episode of this was the biggest disappointment of the year so far for me. I had fairly high expectations for this, and all I got was tripe... the worst type as well: melodramatic tripe.

Mushishi proves that there's no excuse for episodic anime to be bad, so I can only hope that the rest of the episodes will tell more interesting stories. There's nothing wrong with the premise either... the stories of the cases of a death god should be nothing short of engaging and enthralling. But it's really gotten off to a terrible start with a very weak and predictable first episode.
I'd easily group this into the worst show of 2006 list already. It had nothing redeeming. Nothing happened for 20 minutes, and even when something did happen, nothing happened. I knew my instinct to delete it in the middle of the op was there for a reason. The only good part is the shinigami and the death line in the op.

Hell, I have no idea how people aren't summarizing this entire episode in 3 sentences. "Guy who likes sick girl finds kitten with said girl and take care of it at a shrine. Girl dying from not taking meds and being alone causes the guy to go emo and blame kitten. Pedophile-appealing shinigami comes in and stops him from going emo and then goes and has a good cry."

The premise could easily be good, but its wasted on being a loliphilic slice of sleep.

I am going to give episode 2 a chance expecting total failure (and hovering over the delete button).

/Oh, I forgot to mention that the show was absolutely sadistic.
//Was hoping the kitten would get it too.