View Single Post
Old 2006-06-02, 11:26   Link #66
Quulique
Odd!Cactus Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to Quulique Send a message via MSN to Quulique
I s'pose it speaks for how long I've been into anime that I automatically assumed they were female without really thinking farther. XD;; Or maybe not. Although a slash fan to the extreme, I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to canon, except for the veryvery flaming series like Prince of Tennis or so. :3 I have to admit, though, they really sounded like girls, to me, but considering how young they are... (?) But, they seem to be in their teens. :/ Perhaps it's just the Uta haremofgirls concept that throws it off.

However, this thread's managed to lean me towards the opinion that they are male... Besides the obvious hierarchical implications of such (and, I think that conversely, Uta opening at least for now does seem to provide ample evidence of competent female warriors), doesn't it seem odd to anyone that a proud warrior like Oboro would have both his attendants being females? ^^; At least one would have to be male--otherwise how on earth would they be able to protect him properly as they're no doubt sworn to do? If they were both girls, they'd have to leave him unattended in the bath and such things, or at least that's how I think it works--separate gender baths usually, right? Unless Oboro has his own little harem, in which case, well... 8D;;; Hedoesn'treallyseemlikethatsortofguy (more of the 'why the hell are there girls in the world' type), but I'm biased. ._.;;

I doubt that physical attributes are any reliable indicator, as we've seen, although the argument about their chest-size and the kyuudou equipment has some validity. I guess the animators are just leaving it up to our imaginations/debates for now, though. ^^v So, being the fangirl I am, I'd have to say: ALL MALE ALL THE WAY. |D