View Single Post
Old 2007-03-30, 22:28   Link #51
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
This is kinda annoying cause I think every day my pc will crash once Is this a sign or something???
Unless there's somee sort of computer behavior or activity going on to give you a reason to believe that something is not working properly, you're just experiencing what one might call "trauma" from having your computer fail on you once before. It'll disappear with time or computer experience/confidence, whichever comes first.

Quote:
Oh yeah haven't updated my windows still even if it's a original copy...
I hope you're applying your security updates. The argument against XP SP2 and some other updates is now a moot point; it doesn't cause incompatibility. I highly recommend upgrading to SP2 if you're not using it, and put on every security patch you can get (with the exception of WIndows Genuine Advantage). Make sure you have a good, properly-configured firewall (you can check its performance at places like http://www.grc.com - the Shields Up test) and a virus scanner. It doesn't hurt to run a full scan every once in a while, either. I run it about once a month, or if I visited a sketchy website/file, or if something seems to be acting up. Don't forget your spyware scanners, either.

Luckily, you can get all of that for free.

Quote:
And the most scariest part here is that I think when your pc crash there's a small chance that your files might get corrupt..(is the rar files included in the corruption?)
If Windows itself blows up, your files will still be fine (in most cases, anyway - malware can mess your files up for you). If you have a hardware problem, that's when you have to start worrying.