View Single Post
Old 2008-04-21, 02:16   Link #68
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichijou View Post
i am a big fan of sdf macross, and recently started watching macross 7, and i have to admit i've not been very thrilled by it thus far. compared to sdf macross the story moves along at a sluggish rate, and the second half of each episode so far has been very saturday morning cartoon formulaic; station falls under attack, basara hop's out into space to sing his song, and the enemy then retreats before he can finish, this has happened every episode so far. i was wondering if the show does pick up the pace, maybe even add a new song, or is this pretty much it for the whole run?
That's the idea of the creator. They want to get away from the norm get annoyed by Basara's personality. Even the char Gamlin is annoyed even angry at Basara's singing. The creator wants people to think of Basara as this rebellious youth, the anime is supposed to appeal to 11-15 yr olds.

But later you'll realized that his determination ends up being the difference. There are no weaponry in the Macross fleet that can destroy the Protodevlins, later on you'll see only music can fight them back.

I think the show gets only better as you get used to Basara, if you don't like him ignore him. Think about it this way, even later on Gamlin finally understands Basara...
vision33r is offline   Reply With Quote