View Single Post
Old 2009-05-19, 11:47   Link #71
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I gotta be honest and sum my thoughts about this game in one sentence: What's the point?

The manga is not finished: Does that mean it's just gonna change things like the anime in horrifying ways? It's certainly feels that way: Some of the characters you can play(RUBEL?! Does he have an alternate dragon-kin form? XDXD) just confuse me, and I'm actually getting anime vibes just looking at this. You can play as Priscilla for instance....aside from being mentally unstable and showing her awakened form only a few times, what's the point? She's unstoppable to all but Teresa(right now). Weakening her for gameplay purposes just makes it worse.

Maybe it's just because they're isn't enough actual information on it, but I just don't understand where they're going with this and why. The idea of a Claymore game felt cool enough when It didn't exist, but now I'm wondering if it was worth it. Some concepts looks cool enough I guess, (the Yoki bar for instance). Does Yagi even have a say in this game? If he were actually helping it out, then it may turn out to be decent.

.....good grief you can play as Rubel, I can't get over that. If you can play as him of all people, what about the Abyssals? or even Raki? He, who doesn't have any Yoki inside him, could have an interesting battle system of his own.

And the cutscenes....I don't want to nitpick, I know the DS is far from the best in graphical power, but....Ophelia looks great, Rigardo looks okay, Clare and Riful....do not I guess I just didn't expect the characters to look so bland-looking.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-20 at 01:56.