View Single Post
Old 2007-05-01, 12:42   Link #18
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
Erm, I'll try asking a third time...Sushi-Y, you mentioned earlier, back before the thread split, something about Akira getting canceled earlier in Comptiq...could you explain what that you meant by that?

(beginining to feel invisible... )
I'll make an attempt at this, but my history with Lucky Star only stems back a few months and I don't buy Comptiq too often, so all this info below is just a guess at what happened ^^;

Yoshimizu Kagami (the manga-ka of the series) wrote and drew the mascot chara for Comptiq. Later he decided to write some several small strip which got some attention, then he decided to drive into Lucky Star.

As Lucky Star got popular, Comptiq asked Yoshimizu to come up with an advertising corner which he came up with the Lucky Channel and later Lucky Paradise which is headed by another character: Sakuraba-sensei (the biology teacher & Kagami's HR teacher - well, at least in her 3rd year). Lucky Paradise is also the production name for Lucky Star.

My guess is Paradise took over and the Channel was moved to the radio to promote. Paradise seems to have a much more of a narrow scope then the Channel as well. That's probably the decision of someone higher up in Kadokawa.