Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 05:53   Link #1950
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hmm... Judging by what 109 looks like. I'd say Nagi and Rinne have an opportunity to make a serious change to the ritual with the help of the other girls, to state that suicide should NEVER have been part of the ritual. For the souls of the past have all remained in the sea, in anguish.

So I'm hoping that this next revelation would grant to Nagi and the maidens a powerful premonition that if they do things differently THIS time; All that pain of the souls of the past would be cleansed, and they would be released to go to the heavens, instead of adding 1 to 5 new souls to the gaggle of pain already present. That mark on Rinne looks as if one of the tormented tried to drag her to her death, only to be rescued by Nagi's avatar, his past self.

If in the event of such a moving vision Nagi states that the ritual is fundamentally flawed, and that death is not supposed to be the end result of the Rising Dragon Festival ritual, then they might be inclined to change that part.

Personally, I would think that the better option to do, while keeping some of the old tradition intact, would be that when death is so near from old age or other life shortening events happens, THEN and only then would dying in the ocean be acceptable, because then, you take the happiness of your life with you, and impart some of it to those of the past who's lives were woefully cut short in previous rituals, and help them ascend to the heavens as it's meant to be.

But... this is just my interpretation. Yours could be different, and if so, let us hear it.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2013-01-30 at 06:04.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote