View Single Post
Old 2008-11-16, 18:06   Link #184
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Have any of you guys scene the newest Dubbed Episodes? It's Volume 4, so we're looking at Episodes 13-16. Here are a couple of my thoughts on the new voices.

-There are some parts in Episode 13 that really made me laugh when they were in English. Like the whole discussion with Valentine's Day chocolates, especially with the quick changes to show Shiraishi doing a few things.

-I really like Yutaka's voice. It's kind of toddler-ish, but not as high pitched in Japanese. I really enjoyed that.

-Minami = Michelle Ruff = Yuki. So it's a winner. Looks like they are really going to stay dependant on that.

-Crispin Freeman did return as Kyon.

-Usually mispronounciations do not get on my nerves, but I really got irritated around Episode 14 when they were talking about Kuroi-sensei. It's Ku-roi, not Kuro-ee.

-Now I really like Tony Oliver as Sojiro. He's just so awesome when he gets all emotional.

-Misao's voice drove me nuts for a little while. I really like it, but I had heard that voice somewhere before, it was SO familiar...I can't really remember her name, but the woman who does voice Misao has also done a few non-anime roles if I'm not mistaken.

-Patricia's is good, however I do find it a bit plain. Luckily, she does pronounce her name correctly . Her Japanese voice was so bubbly, so the change here is rather significant. I kind of hope it changes when she gets into her big otaku speeches in the future episodes.