View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 16:07   Link #91
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, BDK mentioned in his previous post (at least the last one that got deleted) that he suspects that Dofla may not be that powerful in a fight. Personally, I disagree, but only to a certain extent. I agree that he might be slightly below the emperors strength-wise, but I have the feeling that he'll nonetheless still be really tough to take down due to his cleverness. I mean heck, this very chapter we saw him brushing off an assault from one of his own people. And frankly, if some psycho maid who was armed to the teeth couldn't touch him, I don't see Luffy having much of an easier time against that dude.....
I didn't say that Doffy may not be that powerful in a fight, but that he'll be weaker than what many people are expecting. The fact that he's sending two of his subordinates to deal with this situation leads me to believe that he's not far beyond Luffy's current level. Sanji also fought on par with Vergo, who's essentially Doffy's right-hand man. Like I've been saying all along, Doffy will be the first real test for the strawhats, and the first major boss to be taken down in the New World.