Thread: Yen Press
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 12:32   Link #7
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been following them for a couple of years ... SO FAR they appear to be taking the prudent path, that is, NOT the ADV/Tokypop path of hyperexpansion, big talk, poor customer relations, and latent collapse.

I enjoy a number of their titles and look forward to their summer/fall releases of various former Tokypop titles (Yotsuba, ARIA, etc). Might take a look at Soul Eater as well and even subscribe to their magazine.

Quality of what I own from Yen so far is acceptable --- I'm not *ultra* happy with the physical quality of most english translations from any company compared with their Japanese versions (paper, inking, etc).
Yotsoba was never a TP release, and Yen do not have Aria, TP are still releasing it. Aria is currently one of their most profitable titles, they're actually planning a secoond print run of the first 4 vols.

As for their quality, they're the best in the market, with a few exceptions. You're never going to get japanese quality over here because the market isn't strong enough to support them, and fans wont pay the price for them. Considering Yen charge a very low price in general, the only complaints i have for them relate to guttering