View Single Post
Old 2004-08-11, 13:50   Link #1
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Moral question about Sasuke. [Manga]

I have a question.
Firstly lets make this clear.
THIS IS NOT A SASUKE VS NARUTO THREAD. DO NOT START ARGUING ABOUT WHY YOU HATE NARUTO OR SASUKE.

Im intersted in finding out what peoples opinion on this is.

Itachi killed his clan because Itachi only cares about power. Undoubtedly the massacre of his clan was driven by something to do with his own inner questions. To resolve those questions and prove things to himself, he didnt mind killing everybody close to him.

Simply put, Itachi doest care about anything but himself.

Now lets look at sasuke in the current manga chapters.

Sasuke has decided that killing Itachi is everything.

He cannot kill itachi until he gets stronger. In order to get stronger, Sasuke is willing to kill his best friend. He is willing to end the life of someone he cares for, simply to gain power, and fulfil his own selfish goal of revenge.

Where then I ask, is the difference between Itachi and Sasuke?

Sasuke has now become another Itachi to a degree.

Think about it.
Sasuke is only justified in seeking revenge on itachi, if sasuke himself reamins "The better of the two"

What is the point of an Evil-Man-A seeking revenge on Evil-Man-B for the sins Evil-Man-B commited in the past, when Evil-Man-A himself is now willing to commit those very same sins to gain what he wants?

I hope im not too deep with that ^^

Also another intersting question.

It seems that these memories sasuke is now having, are long buried memories. Itachi forced them out of him when he Mange'd him. The question is this.

Sasuke is now trying to kill Naruto, BUT that is essentially because naruto is the one who followed him and wont leave him alone.

Essentially naruto is standing in the way of Sasukes goals. In that light sasuke is justified in killing Naruto.

However, do you think that sasuke would ever SEEK OUT Naruto to kill him? Like lets say hes training with Oro, and Oro tells him "Youll never beat itachi unless you gain mange sharingan"
Do you think sasuke will actually go looking for naruto to kill him? Or is he trying to kill him now, only because naruto is the one hounding him?
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote