View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 10:06   Link #13
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Fun, if short, chapter. I really hope Kubo goes for the whole 'Ishida was a plant/spy' angle that has been discussed in previous chapter threads.
You know, if he did, it might turn into something interesting indeed - but if instead he dangles the 'Ishida-might-be-a-plant' idea in front of readers for weeks only to then "slightly" change the heading to Ishida-plant-oups-sry-red-herring-trolololol ...

Well, let's just say on this one I fear for the "fun"

Quote:
Can't wait to see the full power of a True Quincy.
That indeed would be fun as it seems so far we haven't seen half.

I still wonder though, are these guys truly using 'pure' Quincy powers? or is there something else to it? The remark that Ishida ought to be stronger seems to suggest that it is truly Quincy powers (assuming there is no plottwist here with Ishida's powers...) I'm wondering if it will turn into something as simple as the Uryu being kinda 'royality' amongst quincy, or if you want, a specially talented family line ... maybe they are descendants of that old leader dude Genryusay failed to put down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Uh, is this turning into a German manga? I almost bit my tongue pronouncing the words coming out of Kirge.
No, it is not. It is just one other cheap cliche that Kubo fails to NOT steep himself in Oke, Oke, the Quincy names were always german, but the ones earlier in the story still made do without the whole nazi-allusion...not to mention the earlier ones like Seele(n)Schneider at least were (for the most part) spelled correctly. The Vanden Terminology and it's rape of even the most remote resemblance to accurate spelling makes me cringe though

(to be fair, might be a scanlation issue)

edit: er oh rite, what did I think of the chapter:
The dude's final release is indeed fuggly but it suits him well.
Urahara being degraded to carrying Nel around and otherwise being ignored, - not sure, should I laugh or cry? It began as "Urahara/Ichi invade HM" ...
The Ishida plant/spy angle might get me interested if I only could trust Kubo to not needlessly troll this. Sadly I cannot, though that might be my mistake not Kubo's