View Single Post
Old 2013-06-04, 21:53   Link #1870
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think the big difference between when Asia "died" and when Ise "died" was The POV we were following of course you would get Ise's emotional state because He was the POV during that time. But with Ise's "death" Kiba is the POV first he is no where as hot blooded as Ise and I believe he might just be a little emotionally dead due to his past and even he is crushed. I think the descriptions convey just how soul crushing the event was to the rest of the group
Something like that. I think it has to do with what Ise has done for all the females in the group as well as the male comrades. It seems like just isolating Kiba's point of view seems quite poor when (not say he was not affect, he was, he was Ise's skinny pretty boy brother afterall) the females were the most affected as a whole.

When Asia died, Ise was mostly affect. The rest of the Gremory group did not have the connection with Asia like Ise did. They felt sad for the doll like fragile blond nun, but for Ise it was like losing a piece of himself, it was already deep in vol 1 the feelings of Ise and Asia. With Ise dying in vol 11, everyone was affected like that. The girls reaction were already displayed, but what I think what most readers would like is the feelings of the girls in their own point of view. Giving one point of view seems a bit well, like a short cut. It is still a good volume, you can't take that away, but I felt if the author included all the females' point of view than it would have been great or perfection.