View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 20:22   Link #1
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Comcast HS Internet and splitters?

I've been searching the net for awhile now trying to find an answer for my question but no luck so far so I'm going to ask around here for some input.

I've been a long time user of Comcast HS Internet and they're service is good and fast up until now. I'm living in a newly built home where all the cable lines and cat5 lines are all centralized in a media center box in the master bedroom. I hooked up my cable modem and router into the center so every room is TV and internet ready. Now here's my problem.

There's only one outside cable line that runs into the media center and it's connected to a 4-way splitter which connects all the other rooms. The Comcast tech that came to my house to setup my service told me to never connect my cable modem to a splitter but to connect directly with the outside cable line because the signal will be weakened greatly. He left before I could ask my questions. My problem now is that none of my rooms have cable line connection because the outside line is now connected to my cable modem. When I tried connecting the outside line back into the splitter and then connecting my cable to the splitter the signal was horrible. My internet was lagging and the cable modem lost connection ever so often.

I called Comcast to ask about my little problem and they told me to buy a certified cable splitter and only a Comcast certified splitter because other ones would interferer with Comcast's signal. I went online to find these certified splitters but I can't find any. I asked the Comcast Customer Reps to tell me were to get these splitters so I went to the stores they told me and I bought a couple of different splitters but all of them don't even work.Anyone got any advice, tips or knows where to find buy these certified splitters.