View Single Post
Old 2011-01-23, 03:25   Link #49
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
More or less, though I think "complete turn" is more credit than I would give Mami. I think it's more of a guilty conscience than a true change of heart - as she got to know Madoka as a person and not just a potential recruit, she began to feel remorse over luring her into Kyuube's clutches. What we don't know in all this (and may never, who knows) is how many other girls Mami helped lure into Kyuube's control. It could be several and based on Mami's dialogue in the last episode, I suspect it's at least one or two and they've already died. But of course, that's 100% speculation on my part.
As I mentioned on your blog, I saw Mami as a well intentioned extremist, but episode 3 does lend some strong support to theories along the line of what you and Clarste are saying. I just didn't pick up on it when I initially watched because, well... so much happened in episode 3. I had to actually rewatch a few scenes and think about the implications for my theory.

I'm hoping she gets revived though - flawed sure, but she was my favourite character so far just on the basis of pure charm.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote