View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 21:09   Link #23
Sir Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
x 血がない (chiganai - "no blood")
o 違いない (chigai nai - "yes, that has to be it")

That loop of "no blood" is incorrect. Mion was repeatedly murmuring 違いない (yes, that has to be it) as she was shaking the ladder. I wouldn't blame it though as it is difficult for a non-native to distinguish "chiganai" and "chigai nai." But, repeatedly saying "no blood" makes no sense in that sentence.

So the whole scene with Mion's over-skewed face in the ladder scene was:

Mion: "Rika's disappearance is all Satoko's fault. Yes, that has to be it. That has to be it. That has to be it. That has to be it. That has to be it......"

Now, that makes a lot more sense in context, and that sentence there itself provides some kind of hint now. Feel free to take this correction into mind and utilize it toward your thoughts about what the heck was going on at that ladder scene (minus the weird facial-and-out-of-sync of Mion, of course).

Oh, and the director's name isn't:

x Ima Chiaki
o Kon Chiaki
Thank you very much for the corrections. Wind as of this time only has one translator, the encoder and myself doing the bulk of the scriptwork, and I don't know enough Japanese to check every line for things like that... I wondered a bit about that phrase, but chalked it up to the general freakyness of the scene. We'll probably put out a fixed v2 soon.
Ninja edit: Our translator actually is a native, too, and swears up and down he hears it as "no blood"... oh well. If "That's it, that's it" is what the game says, that's what it'll be.
Any chance you'd be interested in helping translate for us, or quality-check for things like that? Shameless advertising, I know, but for a good cause... toss me a PM here, or on our IRC channel (#windfs on irc.rizon.net) if you're interested.

Last edited by Sir Alex; 2006-05-20 at 22:28.