View Single Post
Old 2011-06-12, 17:48   Link #11
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
Um, I'm a girl..

They can at the very least disprove that Satsuki reviewed Kissuisou since none of the staff there saw her, and they WOULD recognise her (well, maybe not the younger generation, but Minko and Tooru are kitchen staff, and Ohana works closely with Nako and Tomoe, and we know that Jirou did not service her, at least), this then translates to her stays at other inns being suspect. Furthermore, we're talking about thousands in damages to the inns, but possibly millions when it comes to the tourism of the town if they counted on the tourists consuming their services and goods.

Satsuki admitted to Ohana that she wrote it. If taxed, her bosses might decide to make her the scapegoat and agree to fire her in return for not having to face any unpleasantness surrounding libel (falsely smearing the businesses in a way that damages them financially) and bringing the bribing to light.

And we aren't just talking about an opinion piece, we're talking about her reviewing establishments without setting a foot in them. That's hardly a case of subjectivity since she never subjected herself to the services that she claims to review.

In a way, Satsuki runs the highest risk of all in this. She has damaged her relationships with her mother and daughter further. She was the one who wrote the article, and is not high enough on the corporate ladder to not be let go if her bosses starts to feel the heat and want it deflected.
Or they could just deny Satsuki had anything to do with writing the reviews, and refuse to reveal the identity of their actual reviewers saying it'd compromise their work.

They can afford to be publicly pressured by those they review even less than they can afford a trial against what I guess they could term "sore losers". It's one thing to be discreetly leaned on by those who give you boatloads of cash. It's another to publicly show you'll bend and spread for those you're supposed to judge. (Not to mention the devastating effect it would have on morale. They can't ask their employees to do a sleazy job and then be fired in infamy for it.)