View Single Post
Old 2014-02-24, 20:47   Link #3040
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
2) The Veda2314 Twitter page noted that Setsuna went to Earth from space using the Exia within the movie's timeframe. This chapter would seemingly contradict that since Exia was assigned to Earth all along. Its not a direct contradiction since the possibility that they took Exia back to space after this and then use it to re-enter Earth is possible but this would be at odds with Celestial Being's described MO at the moment.
Concerning the Exia's placement in terrestrial combat, Sonic, it's possible that this was the very first sortie for the Exia R3. Thus, they likely had it descend to Earth, and from there it remained on Earth, likely in a CB facility or concealed in an Assault Container, like the Exia and Dynames was in season 1.

Quote:
4) The thing about Earth and space MS assignments fits what previous chapters other sidematerials have been saying. In believe in 00I 2314, Cherudim SAGA and Arios Ascalon was assigned for space and Earth respectively (though really it should have been the other way around honestly). Its mentioned somewhere (Final Mechanics sourcebook?) that Dynames Repair was assigned to Earth. It also brings me to something I have never considered before: Are the designs of the three Ptolemaios' 5th Generation Gundams based on the assumption that they'll only be used in space and nothing else?

The question seems more relevant to Haute than the other two really. Its not aerodynamic at all and assuming the GN suits do not use a similar method like the Flags/Enacts' to increase their aerodynamicness (they deploy a sharp EM field at the top using their linear guns), doesn't seem as fitting for that environment as Aries's very sharp shape was. It makes little sense to design a whole Gundam for one area when in the past they've pretty much had to operate everywhere. If they for some reason to focus their efforts by diversifying their portfolio suit usage based on area, then I guess that would make sense. Though they actually should be better off than they were in S2 due toil more Veda control, so the change in emphasis is still a bit strange.

Raphael was also designed to operate primarily in space and had to have a special Earth-use variant but I left it out because it was designed by a different faction.
Concerning the movie Gundams, I think it was mentioned, though I think in a meta sense, that the Harute was designed for space combat and thus focused on a non-aerodynamic design. Given the way it transforms and how its Marute Mode works, it was intentional. The Zabanya and the Harute both had a heavy emphasis on superior firepower. This is likely because in space, there's little room for ambush and guerilla tactics when it comes to actual fighting--unless there's asteroid debris around, or at a colony or elevator, there's little to no cover. No ambush points. So the mobile suits were likely built around space combat where firepower would be needed to deal with enemy forces.

On Earth, you have the environment to work with for setting up ambushes and such--hiding under the water, or within foliage, using buildings and canyons for cover, maneuvering around differing terrain--and therefore the older Gundams like the Exia and Dynames would be better suited for such. They're definitely guerilla warfare-type weapons, and not flying fortresses like the 00, Zabanya, and Harute. Also, as for what you already noted about the Raphael being built by a different faction, also remember that it was rebuilt from a Gadessa frame, which was already a mobile suit designed for space combat, so Tieria didn't have much options there anyway.

Concerning the use of the Cherudim SAGA and Arios Ascalon in space, I think it makes sense. The Cherudim SAGA's color scheme will give it a better chance at visual camouflage in space, since it's painted in blacks and grays, rather than greens and whites. Furthermore, it's designed for interior base combat. And from what we've seen, like with the final battle aboard the Celestial Being, you're far more likely to find a base that would be big enough/roomy enough for interior MS combat in space than you are on Earth, which would be mostly open-air. The Arios Ascalon, on the other hand, could be used in either role, but it'd still be mostly a high-speed fighter craft rather than a guerilla weapon, and thus its combat capabilities are more suited for space combat than terrestrial combat, given how CB currently wants to stay hidden in this time period.

Quote:
7) I'm guessing the completed Twin Condenser System is apparently also compatible with 00 Seven Sword/G. It's not surprising I guess given that the GN Buster Sword II was noted in 00V Senki chapter 1 to be equivalent to being equipped with the 0 Raiser after modification. The irony is of course the reason why the original Seven Sword equipment was passed in favor of 0 Raiser was due to incomplete Twin Drive System and how they needed the 0 Raiser to stabilize it. Convenient that they found a solution not long after the final battle (/model kit convenience).

Which also begs me the question of what's the main difference between the two sets? The 0 Raiser of course is less "weapon-ish" when counted by itself compared to the overloaded sword set but from a Twin Drive perspective both systems should be the same once you factor in the fact that both of them possesses the Twin Drive stabilizer and the Raiser System.

It's not as of the 0 Raiser machine is designed specifically for communication or anything from a frame perspective (unlike 00 Qan[T] which was). It's just a Twin Drive stabilizer, which is also available on the Seven Sword/G. From a threatening perspective, the GN Sword III is arguably more lethal and versatile than the GN Sword II Blaster. The only advantage from the communication standpoint I can see with 00 Raiser Condenser is that it has less weapons in terms of numbers.
I think, as far as CB utilizing both the 0-Raiser attachment and the Seven Sword/G attachment, the 0-Raiser is coincidentally better equipped for communication and dialogues in its design, by accident. Remember that the wings are basically massive particle control antennae. Given Setsuna's new trick with particles and communication, they likely help with utilizing the Trans-AM Burst's communication effects. The 0-Raiser still has its missile and beam cannons to aid if combat becomes necessary, and that's further supplemented by the GN-Sword III. The Seven Sword/G equipment, on the other hand, can be better used for warfare operations when dialogues are out of the question. Setsuna would still prioritize dialogue over warfare at this point, but CB still has the option if it's absolutely necessary.