View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 23:16   Link #45
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Considering you were one of the people complaining about the lack of back-story for Kabuto, I thought you'd be at least satisfied since you actually got what you asked for. Perhaps your post wasn't an actual sincere request, but simply complaining for the sake of complaining :/
yes, i was. but i also said that if kishi gave us a back story now it would be too late and it would be useless. if he had given us that back story several chapters ago, before this fight began, then maybe it would have been more interesting. i also thought that what kabuto revealed in the last chapter is enough at this point. i wasn't hoping for a flashback or a sob story at this point because i think it's too late. i just wanted to know what he wanted, what his goal was because he was pretty secretive about it. and the last chapter confirmed it for me. he wanted to avenge oro, surpass him, destroy konoha, etc. it wasn't much and i can't say i was happy with what i found out but it was enough for me. at least now i know what his motivations are.

giving us a sad back story now is like trying to gain sympathy for those who doesn't give a crap about kabuto. kishi could have revealed that hundreds of chapters ago. not now, not in this heated battle where you know he's about to die because he was finally given a flashback. kabuto was cloaked in mystery for far too long. kishi could have given us his sob story when oro died, then perhaps he could have gotten more sympathy from the readers. it reminds me of kubo's writing, he gives his villains flashbacks and sob stories right before they die. right now, i'm more interested in the fight and what itachi has to say to sasuke, not kabuto's past.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-04-11 at 23:45.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote