View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 21:10   Link #1743
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Though by that point maybe people will stop watching bad fansubs and realize it's really not that hard to comprehend. I mean as far as light novel adaptations go people like the Monogatari stuff and I find that far more rambly, hard to find a coherent plot thread in and just downright incomprehensible at the best of times so if people can stomache that I'm sure they can find a way to "getting" Horizon or at the very least not totally dumping on it.

The difference between Horizon and the Monogatari stories is that in Monogatari, there is no need to learn everything from scratch; you got your basic school setting and your basic supernatural occult settings. With Horizon on the other hand you have to learn everything from the ground up- They have their own geography, politics, religions, technology, culture, races, mannerisms and laws that are not always so easy to relate to.

Then you have to consider that the occult expositions in Monogatari aren't necessary to enjoy Monogatari- whose strong points are it's characters and their interactions (read; wordplay). While in Horizon it's almost vital that you pay attention to most of the expositions to understand and enjoy the story.

(Of course, you could also be in it for the fanservice, in which case none of the above matters.)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote