View Single Post
Old 2009-12-14, 20:33   Link #3039
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
While I can understand the reason why this document was created, I would like you to take down this file from Megaupload ASAP.

Although our situation isn't all legitimate (since we are on the edge of piracy here), providing such kind of document is basically the same as offering the whole decrypted script on the web. Sure, this is the demo we are talking about, but this is the open door for more of this, which is hardly what we want (Of course, we know that anyone who did a little research won't have trouble to find the tools to decrypt the scrypt themselves, but generally speaking, any extra research is a bother for most of them).

Furthermore, we did this translation for the sole purpose of providing people a translation to a SOUND NOVEL.
By this definition, we believe that having the text only is not only unpractical, but also takes down the purpose of the VN itself, as you will miss a lot of things (characters expressions etc).
Furthermore, I can't imagine the number of retcon to do if we were to edit our patch.

For all intents and purpose, we wish to have our translation used within the purpose we had set it for.

My apologies for removing the link (that isn't enough, but it is a preemptive solution, before the deletion of the said file). Although I can notice that a lot of efforts was needed to put Umineko in this format, it is really not what we wished for. Even if credits were given, I really can't expect any "good" thing in the future if this transcription becomes a trend for the whole franchise.
Thus, as owners of this translation, I believe we have the right to refuse such transcription.
Thanks Klashi, I'm also on the side of Anti-Script. I would like everyone to be introduced to Umineko from its most original version: the VN.
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote