Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 19:25   Link #92
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Sansa and Arya are designed to contrast each other: Sansa is tame, while Arya is wild. Remember the name of wolves? Sansa's is called "lady", while Arya's is called Namaira. I don't remember the source of that name, but Namaria sounds like the name of a swamp witch. I also wonder if the death of Lady made Sansa less of a Stark.
Nymeria, warrior queen of the Rhoyne. It's claimed by some that she knew witchcraft as well. The governess was quite scandalized by Arya's choice of name. (Careful about the link, no spoilers on that page, but I can't guarantee the rest of the site is safe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Why did lady Stark would take him to her sister. Let’s say she was not a demented bitch (how the hell are they even sisters is beyond me), what good does it do to take him there?

Anyway, very good episode. Stark, the Imp and the tomboy are still my favorite characters. Such a large cast of enjoyable characters. I hope we get some more of Snow next episode.
I think Lady Stark was thinking:

1: Everyone thinks I'm taking him to Winterfell, I should take him somewhere other then expected

2: The Eyrie is an isolated and extremely strong castle, it would be very very hard for the Lannisters to fight their way there. A good place to keep your highborn and valuable hostages.

3: My sister has knowledge of the Lannister plots, and the murder of the last Hand, Jon Arryn. I should talk to her and compare notes so we discover the enemy plans.

4: My sister is the regent over the Vale of Arryn and thus has a large amount of resources. There are 7 kingdoms:

The North ruled by the Starks.

The Vale ruled by the Arryns (Catelyn's sister).

The Riverlands ruled by the Tullys (Catelyn's maiden name, her father is the ruling Lord, as we learned in episode 4).

The Rock ruled by the Lannisters. (Apparently has lots of goldmines).

The Stormlands ruled by the Barrathons (currently held by Renly in place of Robert who is High King, apparently there is also another brother Stannis running around who has the personality of a lobster).

Highgarden aka The Reach ruled by the Tyrells (The father of the Knight of Flowers boy- who we learned this episode is rich, but not as rich as the Lannisters).

Apparently the 7th kingdom is Dorne ruled by the Martels, as was briefly mentioned this episode (during the Bran scene).

Spoiler for Spolier for Dorne backstory based on info from HBOs site:

Naturally if this conflict between Stark and Lannister comes to war the Starks will want allies. The ties of blood make the Riverlands and the Vale the most likely allies.

I don't think Catelyn knew how crazy sister was. She had this "Oh Sh--" look on her face that whole scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Its good to see Sean Bean in such fantasy adventure movies so loved him in LOR 1 . And Harry Loyd seriously reminds of Harry Potter . Hope he has nothing to do with horses in this series .

This made me laugh since Loyd is off with the Horse people (and not enjoying it too much).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote