View Single Post
Old 2004-08-22, 11:53   Link #220
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Have you considered that even without the Sharingan Itachi's knows tons of jutsu's and more importantly does them so fast. Kakashi remarked that he could barely see Itachi performing the seals. This gives Itachi one big advantage even though his strenght is most likely not comparable to Tsunade's his taijutsu could very well be equal to Gai, just like Sasuke caught up with Lee thanks to the sharingan.
Even if Gai found a way to avoid his Look. The fact remains he still has it. His speed and incredible jutu's could force Gai and Tsunade too for that matter in a situation where they cannot escape his Sharingan.
I didnt say anything else about his ninjutsu. I was merely pointing out that Itachi has not given us a chance to see his other skills. His brief fight with Kkakashi was only determined by mange sharingan. Kakashi was skilled enough to see through all of Itachi's attacks. Itachi even commended him on his eye of insight which was "lightning fast". I was giving an example of taijutsu. As far as the ninjutsu department WE JUST DONT KNOW.

Quote:
Yeah...this is still kind of unclear to me, are they realy talking about Jirayia? or Jiraya and Naruto with risk of Naruto going all out in his Kyuubi form...You are probably right but remember Itachi was fatigued because of the former fight. he avoided fighting Jirayia wich doens't mean he was incapable of beating him.
No they were talking about Jiraiya. Theres no ambiguity about this.

Quote:
Orochimaru is not the kind of person to simply stand down and swallow if someone knows "more Jutsu's" He will try everything to reach his goal and by any means. Clearly when he stated Itachi was too strong he was talking about overall strenght...not just Jutsu's.
I understand what you mean, but you need to see what im saying. Im saying we cannot take orochimarus statement that Itachi is stronger than him as proof that Itachi is stronger than the sannin. That is Orochimaruo alone. And furthermore Orochimaru is infatuated and obsessed with jutsu numbers. He has said many many times that number of jutsu is what makes you strong. Two episodes ago jiraiya had to tell him that jutsu number is not what is important. What is important is a spirit that never gives up. Just because Orochimaru is unconfident about beating Itachi, doesnt mean that Jiraiya and Tsunade are goin to lose to itachi.

Just the same way that Itachi saying Jiraiya will hand kisame and him their asses, isnt neccessarily true.

Quote:
My point being, Itachi is the strongest character we've seen so far.
So far weve seen itachi fight kakashi, where kakashi was able to keep up with him until he used mange sharingan.

Weve seen itachi kick sasukes ass.

Weve seen itachi run from jiraiya.

Ofcourse there are reasons for all of this, like itachi was low on chakra. But my point is you cannot say he is the strongest character when we have not even seen what he can truly do nor have we seen him face anyone stronger than a jounin.

Personally i believe Itachi is extremely strong obviously, but at his current age he is still not as powerful as the sannin were in their prime.

But thats just my opinion. All I can say is that when naruto hits his prime, he will be the god of all shinobi ^^. Not just because he is the main chracter but because by then his knowledge, spirit, and kyubi mastery will make him unstoppable.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote