View Single Post
Old 2010-06-11, 16:21   Link #2057
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
@Endscape: It seems you didn't fully read my post or decided to ignore a few parts of it.
I am lazy to cite your post so I do it the easier way.

I get to the point. You clearly generalizing and it appears you are adamant on anti-shipping Sakura.For starters calling someone mentally unstable wouldn't prove anything. Instability as chaos has many forms. Unstable people tend to still find some kind of new order to resort to. Claiming someone mentally unstable doesn't automatically mean they are the incarnates of devil and must be abhorred and avoided at all costs. To begin with whether someone mentally unstable depends heavily on viewpoint. Just from forum post I can prove that you or anyone else is mentally unstable because of this and that. It's easy, mentally unstable AKA crazy or abnormal means someone has an attitude or behavior different from the norm.At least those are the signs of that. But let's leave it because it leads to nowhere.

You claimed post-HF Sakura mentally unstable. True, her situation isn't normal like her circumstances were but she's certainly recuperating with very promising results. You stated that Sakura in HF-normal is the proof she's sick. Well, it's more like she keeps being chained to the past. In my view it's mental instability but according to the general idea it really isn't. She simply can't move forward. Many horrible things happened in his life,she unconsciously committed horrible deeds and she lost the most precious person in her life. How you expect her to live a normal life? Have you ever experienced the death of someone close to you? Have you ever experienced a situation where you lost your very last bit of hope? That's what Sakura experienced though to the credit of her state she still managed fine. She realized that Shirou did it all for her sake,she realized that she must be happy and not sadden her Senpai in Heaven by giving in to the guilt. She remained strong but she still couldn't go on. Ironically it's exactly because Shirou's sacrifice. The one she admired for 4 long years, the one who showed her how to endure her horrible life and the one she saw as her only linger of hope is dead. He died to give her the well-deserved freedom. That's why she can't leave the house. The memories binding her to that place were incredibly strong. Still, she wasn't mentally unstable by the general viewpoint. She was heartbroken, bitter inside but she lead a relatively normal life. She stayed in the Emiya residence, took on Rin's job at overseeing Fuyuki and acted as a loving and caring aunt for Rin's child. Do you really think that this is the profile of someone who can't be trusted?

It seems that you didn't read my post very well, willyvereb. One, I have no problem with Sakura, though she is my least favourite F/SN heroine. Also I have no problem with mentally unstable people ,or think of them as the devil or hate them or anything like that.

I simply think that Sakura should work out her problems before getting into a relationship. And that starting a relationship utterly depending on the other party isn't a good thing for anyone.

Quote:
Well, perhaps, but he's not stupid enough to get himself killed in that way.
Who knows?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it can, yes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much use....
I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
I don't think he could do it quickly, but all he has to do is activate the worms until she dies/breaks down and then take her body.
By the time her mind broke down from the pain, would her body be any good anyway?

Quote:
Well, they don't act like it.
Well, I'm sorry I must have imagined all the torture Sakura went through or Shirou's various problems...

Quote:
The problem is that she needs someone who she can talk to, and Shirou is the only person who she knows who can do that. It's not impossible for her to find someone else, but it's damn hard....
But he isn't the only possible person on the planet, so don't act like he is.

Quote:
How?
That's a really odd statement. Then how would Sakura help him then?

Quote:
Bullshit. You're just making things up now. You have no reason to believe their relationship will fail. Personally, I think Rin's relationship with Shirou will fail, because of her Tsundereness. OTOH, I don't see any reason why he will ever break up with Sakura.

This argument is not borne out in any way by the VN. They don't seem to be arguing, or in any way in a situation where their relationship is likely to break. And, since they've been together for two years now and seem mostly fixed, if it was going to happen it would have happened already.
Maybe I was generalizing. usually such relationships fall apart but I suppose Shirou and Sakura can beat the odds.

Quote:
Rubbish. It's unhealthy for them not to do so, if they need each other that much. Obviously, that kind of over-reliance on each other isn't a good thing in the long run, but they'll gradually learn that there is more to life than just each other. But, denying themselves the only happiness they have is just plain retarded.
Well if you believe that, fine by you. I believe that people shouldn't start relationships when they have unresolved issues. Maybe Shirou and Sakura can beat those odds, but I wouldn't test it. better safe than sorry, they say.

Quote:
Except that they're not messing each other up. You're pulling all of this out of your ass.
I said that two people with their problems shouldn't start a relationship lest they mess themselves in the end. If they can do that and not mess themselves up, wonderful (you're right in that they don't seem to have any problems) but they shouldn't take that chance.

Quote:
No, but there's a difference between having sex after you've been raped and getting into a relationship with someone you deeply love.
... You didn't read what I posted, did you. I didn't say that a rape victims hould go out and have random sex, but shouldn't jump straight into a sexual relationship with someone they care about.

Quote:
It'd be a damn hard thing to get over, that's for certain. Especially for a superhero who had dedicated their lives to saving others, only to realise that they couldn't save the person they loved.
It would hurt and some wouldn't over it. But some would.

Quote:
Show me a Fate or UBW route where Sakura doesn't disappear on day 5 or 6 and I'll believe that it wasn't inevitable that Sakura would end up with Shirou if she wasn't bumped out of the way.
Didn't he start paying special attention to her since she was getting so sick all the time, due to Angra Mainyu?

Quote:
He certainly cares for her deeply, and in HF he comes to realise that he finds her extremely attractive too. But, the way HF plays it certainly implies that it's merely a discovery of his true feelings (which, in the other routes, get buried beneath his feelings for Saber/Rin) rather than him actually falling for her.
Really? If his love can get buried and forgotten so easily, is it love? That's why i thought he fell in love with her during HF
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote