Thread: Proposal Make post counts public
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 23:04   Link #13
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
why are people so fixated on judging other posters based on how popular they are or how much they participate in ~the community~

How about you treat other posters as human beings with lives beyond this forum and realize that they have many different opinions, some of which you may agree with and others that you may not agree with? If I was actually interested in debating the merits of Japanese popular culture I'm pretty damn sure I'd want other people to value my opinions because they thought they had merit or because they were well formulated, not because I was a popular member of this particular internet circlejerk.

Seriously, guys. What the heck are you thinking?
I really hope everyone reads this because I can't possibly agree more and think it's a much-needed reality check. This is an internet forum. How long you've been here and how often you post isn't relevant; the content of posts is what matters. Post because you have something you want to say, not just to seek approval from others or demand respect for your "forum seniority". And if respect is all you're interested in, earn it through good posts instead of some pointless arbitrary number. Many people here have earned mine, and it has zero to do with post count, join date, or green boxes.