Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 21:05   Link #2050
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Nagisa is suddenly going to perform something special. I wonder what reason it's given to her?
She will be performing Nagisa no Cherry. Isn't that reason enough?

If not, how about because Okada decided to make her the star of the story? She seems like a pretty wimpy heroine to me. I'm not sure I'd want her covering my back with a mic-laser when the DES roll in. Can you imagine Nagisa engaged in the type of combat we saw in episode one? Maybe they can modify her hair ribbon so it has the same offensive capabilities TakaMina's had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
...I'm not seeing it. She's still getting a good amount of focus and attention. Roughly the same amount that she's always had. I'd say she had more focus this time than a good half her fellow trainees, including Orine, despite the fact that this is Orine's homecoming.
Other than the scene where she watches Yuuko perform in front of the mirror, and the one scene in the practice room where she demonstrates her leadership abilities, or lack thereof, Chieri did not have much of a role in this episode. Unless I missed something significant? Of late, she seems to spend most of her time moping about the kirara and feeling jealous of Nagisa. For a character that seemed to be one of the two principals for most of the show, Chieri has been relegated to more of a supporting role in the last two episodes.

Frankly I think this show has suffered from a surfeit of characters. Not only is it hard to keep them all straight, there's just not enough time in thirteen episodes to really give so many characters enough to do. I think the script would have been stronger if it had stayed focused on the four original girls and spent much less time on the rest of the understudies, the successions, and all that. If anything, the desire to incorporate the entire AKB universe into the show has been something of a detriment to story-telling. I suspect the producers were afraid of alienating the AKB48 fans who presumably all want their preferred idols to be represented in the anime.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-07-09 at 21:21.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote