View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 20:24   Link #1325
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
It doesn't surprise me one bit that you apparently chose to skip all the parts where it talked about the deficiencies with the various crime statistic figures, so again, per the FBI:
Partly because I mostly agreed with them. I don't know what else you want. I admitted as much that they weren't perfect. I only said they were a good start, and allows us to at least determine a rough %, and track things year to year.

Thing is, when I point to the only numbers we have available, you tend to want to dismiss them. If we take your route, we have no numbers at all to work with, and thus no evidence with which to base decision-making around. Are there any numbers you trust? Or is all data so hopelessly flawed, that it can never be used? This was why I pointed to election polling data, to flatly point out that numbers can be right. Nate Silver was right.

Quote:
also, I do not appreciate your continued insinuations, DQ can discuss the issue without taking cheap shots, why can't you?

and FYI, I voted democrat in 2012, I guess that makes me a liberal leftist
Potshot? I was merely requoting the words used in a certain book pointed out to me as a source to take a look at. If it bothers you, perhaps you'd have an issue with that particular book as well? Would you say it is a bad source for using those words?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote