View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 12:24   Link #99
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I gave it a good chance a few chapters ago, but now it's about 0% chance. The story that Itachi said was a lie, Izuna died as a kid in a battle, he had no important part in the main plot of the flashback. If he came back as a kid he would have no connection to the story, also a kid can't even understand what's going on. And on top of that the battlefield will be already very overcrowded when the 4 kages and Sasuke's team join the war, no need for anyone else there. With all those people there i will really praise Kishimoto if he can arrange things in a way where every character gets a bit of spotlight but that does not break the flow of the story.
I don't see the 4 Hokages ever joining the war. You couldn't avoid it being overkill and having them overshadow everyone. Remember, 4 current Kage will be showing up soon and the Alliance was taking it to Madara, Obito, and the Juubi the last we saw them. There is no room at the inn even when Madara makes a comeback and the juubi enters its final form.

If Kishi has Hashirama and Madara engage in a boring fanservice zombie fight, he risks turning the manga into "The Legend of Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha" as it nears its end rather than "Naruto Uzumaki and his ninja pals save the world." He takes away from the main character and his conflict. Never mind what you do with an immortal Minato, Tobirama, and Hiruzen. Pure overkill. That is why the Hokages and Hashirama's role should end when Sasuke decides his fate and leaves for the battlefield. I am sure Kishi has a way to bring their closure.

The fight is about the living ninja world uniting to fight evil and returning the past to the past so they can build a brighter future. The Hokages represent part of that failed past and have no place in this fight. They have to leave it to the current generation. That is the whole theme of Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote