View Single Post
Old 2008-12-17, 20:56   Link #31
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
If only CC didn't have interrupted them during their near proposal following by smexy scene, maybe all these questions might have been answered too...

haha, touche

He did. Officially stated, it was a mutual kiss where they shared something important. Officially stated too.

ah, sorry, it seemed really one sided to me. Ignorance on my part.

I'll answer to the rest latter, this only seemed important.

*Busy -_-*
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
This might have been true at the start of R2, but it is more or less gone by Turn 19. She's gotten over that Zero =/= Lelouch thing by that point. He's just Lelouch to her. As for the rest of that, it's confirmed that Lelouch did return her feelings in that kiss, but if you're seriously going to count it against him for denying her when he is actively trying to ruin his life... well, you get the point.

Didn't realize it was a mutual kiss

As for getting over the Lelouch/Zero thing...It's still hard to say that for sure. I can't really think of many examples right now (brain fart), but the one that keeps coming to mind is the very end, when Suzaku is Zero. Kallen resolutely says "It's Zero. That's Zero!" I know it isn't good proof, but it just seems to me like that is implying that she still sees Zero and Lelouch as different people (of course, literally at this point)

*points to Turn 7 and whistles innocently*

Perhaps a bad example because of age, I know, but "always be there for each other" doesn't quite work when you remember that. The only reason C.C. even sees the two identities as one and the same is because she was there to see him create the fake one, so she knows already. Other people, gasp, have to figure this out because they don't have that luxury.

That's a good point that I didn't really consider. It is interesting to think of how CC would react if she had found out Lelouch was Zero halfway through the series or something.

I'm really not sure how to put this any more delicately, but this is just plain wrong. Both hate the strong oppressing the weak, both value the greater good (she obviously has no problem with him having caused that massacre or Geassing people), and both understand the need to be part of a group. You've actually described Suzaku and Lelouch, because Suzaku epitomizes the lone wolf traits you point out.

Eh, maybe you're right. I originally was going to say that their personalities would clash because of how Kallen is very emotion-oriented and quick to judge while Lelouch takes things relatively slowly and tries to use more logic than emotion. I couldn't really think of a way to put it in words (and still can't do it well, honestly), so I tried to point out some other traits...oops i guess.

Yes, I know there are TONS of exceptions to that, but as a general rule of thumb it seems to be true.

Shirley, like Kallen, would have gotten past it, but even so it's a love that just wouldn't work. Kallen could at least deal with Lelouch's actions because she's fighting in the war. I don't think Shirley could do the same.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Shirley just hadn't been exposed to the things Lelouch was doing, and to suddenly barge in halfway through would make her emotionally unstable, to say the least.
So yeah, this is just kind of reaffirming the fact that there's no real proof of who Lelouch thought of as his true lover.

EDIT: forgot that quoting things italicized them, my responses are in italics...hold on ill fix it XD.

Fixed. Sorriez.

Last edited by Skippy; 2008-12-17 at 20:59. Reason: stupid mistakes