View Single Post
Old 2008-12-17, 21:20   Link #36
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

FYI, it is needlessly difficult to quote you when you put your replies inside the quotes you're replying to. It'd be much more helpful if you responded outside the quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
As for getting over the Lelouch/Zero thing...It's still hard to say that for sure. I can't really think of many examples right now (brain fart), but the one that keeps coming to mind is the very end, when Suzaku is Zero. Kallen resolutely says "It's Zero. That's Zero!" I know it isn't good proof, but it just seems to me like that is implying that she still sees Zero and Lelouch as different people (of course, literally at this point)
I'm sorry to say, you entirely missed the point of that scene. The point is not that she sees them as different people. The point is that she recognizes Lelouch's plan and says what she needs to so Tohdoh doesn't fuck it up with a careless comment. She is not the least bit happy to acknowledge Suzaku like that, but she does it because that's what Lelouch wants.

Quote:
Eh, maybe you're right. I originally was going to say that their personalities would clash because of how Kallen is very emotion-oriented and quick to judge while Lelouch takes things relatively slowly and tries to use more logic than emotion. I couldn't really think of a way to put it in words (and still can't do it well, honestly), so I tried to point out some other traits...oops i guess.

Yes, I know there are TONS of exceptions to that, but as a general rule of thumb it seems to be true.
Opposites attract, it's a general rule though there are exceptions. That's why she gets through to him. I should also point out that you don't see him asking anyone else for a roll in the hay, and I seriously doubt he would even consider it with anyone else.

Quote:
So yeah, this is just kind of reaffirming the fact that there's no real proof of who Lelouch thought of as his true lover.
Maybe not, but we've been told, fairly explicitly, that it wasn't C.C.