Thread: Rec
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-03, 01:40   Link #1
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Rec

REC is the first anime I know that is set in the world of seiyuus. I've been looking forward to it, and it started today. I enjoyed the first episode, with reservations.

The episodes are half-length, just under 12 minutes long. The animation is just okay, in my opinion. I've just taken a look at some of the manga and I like the character design better there. (So what else is new?)

But the story is fairly captivating, and they did a lot in 11 minutes. The basic story: a 26-year-old blah-looking salaryman is waiting outside a cinema and feels he has been stood up by his date. He is about to throw his tickets away when a girl tells him not to waste them, so he ends up giving her one and going in to see the film. She sits next to him speaking all the lines spoken on-screen. It turns out she is a new seiyuu...
Spoiler for episode 1:
The seiyuu for the heroine, Aka, does a nice job. The role is not easy, and kind of like a school exercise, since she is always pretending to be different characters, practicing constantly. Reminds me a bit of the role of Maya in Glass Mask in that regard. The seiyuu is a newcomer called Sakai Kanako 酒井 香奈子. The only other anime role she's done is one of the sisters (Chiaki) in Magikano. She was born 1986.11.11, so she's 19. She already has a good home page. She has done one game (Ar Tonelico) and has done some radio. More info on ja.wiki

The director, Nakamura Ryutaro 中村隆太郎, has a good resume: he directed Serial Experiments Lain, Kino no Tabi, and Sakura Wars. The animation director/character designer, Morioka Hideyuki 守岡英行, did key animation on Neon Genesis Evangelion, character design on Sakura Wars and Ultimate Girls, and was animation director for Sakura Wars. Animation by Shaft. Broadcast on TBS Thursday nights at 25:55 starting 2 February, and a week later at 25:00 on satellite BS-i.

Anime News Network page

official site

I was surprised there wasn't already a thread for this. If there was, please merge this post.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-03 at 03:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote